Digital marketing is a powerful strategy that can help you build your startup’s online presence. By using digital marketing, your startup can gain greater online market share and compete with larger businesses. Understanding different strategies — like SEO, social media, creative content — and implementing them correctly can transform your startup and disrupt industries. Here are a few digital marketing tips that can help you grow and scale your startup.
Digital Marketing Tips for Startups
- User Experience (UX) – Your site’s usability is one of the most important elements of your digital marketing program. You want to ensure that your site is easy to navigate, fast to load, and has all the information your visitors are looking for. When your user experience is up-to-speed, your visitors are likely to spend more time on your site, engage more, and convert into paying customers. Working with an experienced web designer who has a background in building user friendly (and mobile responsive sites) is essential to ensure the validity of your site.
- Creative Content – Use creative storytelling to inspire your audience. Crafting creative content does not only improve your site’s visitor growth, but also connects your brand with your visitors on an emotional level.
- Social Media Marketing – Understanding what social media channels your clients use the most can help you target them more effectively. Use social media to provide updates to your clients, promos and special offers. Social channels like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn are great for startups to post industry news, company and product updates. Adding hashtags to your social media strategy are essential to help broaden your reach. Partner with a Philadelphia social media agency to kick-start your campaigns.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – A Philadelphia SEO company understands various SEO strategies and can help businesses increase their web traffic, leads and customers by optimizing their website marketing efforts. SEO can help businesses organically acquire more web visibility and online market share using content marketing, keyword research and development, link building, and other on-page and off-page strategies.
Additional SEO Tips for Startups
- Invest in a unique domain name – Coming up with a catchy and easy-to-remember domain name can help search crawlers and visitors find your site.
- Use keywords in descriptions – Using important keywords will help search engines know what your page is about and find your website instantly.
- Remove duplicate content – Many search engines don’t find duplicate content relevant.
- Optimize images – Making sure the size of your images, file name, pixels, title description and caption are all optimized to maximize your SEO program.