For B2B and B2C companies, there are many advantages of using content marketing to drive more consumers to your website and products. But what type of content marketing tips should your B2B or B2C company use?
As businesses try to understand the perfect approach, it all starts by how they write their content marketing resources. This is how businesses can organically attract prospects instead of promoting messages to them. Small, medium and large businesses need to realize that in order to attract quality prospects they have to lay down a data-driven content marketing foundation that fulfills the customers’ service or product needs. It’s a best practice for both B2B and B2C companies to perform keyword research prior to developing content. This allows brands to identify what keywords are more likely to generate traffic, sales leads and customers. For example, companies can use Google’s Keyword Planner to research keywords or keyword phrases that have a high search volume and low competition score. This gives companies a competitive advantage as they are able to capitalize on keywords that are rarely being used.
Apart from using a data-driven approach, there are more content marketing tips B2B and B2C companies can use. Some of these tips include:
- Engaging with customers on an emotional level – Companies that understand their buyer personas’ challenges and their pain points can craft content that appeal to them.
- Planning – Both B2B and B2C companies must plan their content marketing initiatives prior to writing content. It helps to have an editorial calendar that provides information on what topics and keywords will be considered, how URLs will be structured, deliverable type (blog post, white paper, eBooks, case studies, etc.), and the buyer persona to target.
- Keep content relevant – To ensure your B2B or B2C company is reaching the right target audience, it’s important to develop content that’s relevant to the products and services you provide, and content that’s relevant to your customers’ needs.
- Build user friendly website pages – Part of your content marketing strategy lies in the effectiveness of your website pages. Businesses should consider creating pages that are designed to convert web visitors into content subscribers or customers.
Additionally, you want to make sure the goals of your content align with your inbound marketing strategy. If you’re looking to drive traffic to your website and generate leads, you want to develop content that’s likely to be viewed by those in certain stages of the buyer’s journey (i.e. Awareness, Consideration and Decision stages). This can help you to strategically target those who are ready to buy or are just starting to shop around for your solutions.
B2B and B2C Content Marketing Plan
According to the New Zealand Trade and Enterprise, goals, strategies and key success factors can contribute to an effective content marketing program.
- Goals – What are you trying to achieve?
- Strategies – What action will you take?
- Key Success Factors – What will determine your success?
These are some additional content marketing tips for you to plan in order to effectively execute your content marketing strategy. It helps your business understand what your customers’ motives are and how you can attract customers towards your products and services.
Figuring out what your customer wants is easy, but driving them to your product or service website can be challenging. When you develop a solid content marketing strategy, you can then start to generate more traffic to your site. Providing valuable information to your customers can help foster confidence in your business, which ultimately can lead to sales. When you’re able to convert prospects into customers, you have successfully designed a content marketing program.
You must be logged in to post a comment.