Starting and growing your eCommerce business can be challenging. Fortunately, Amazon provides sellers with a platform to help reach buyers looking for your products.
Using Amazon Seller Central can help you bring your products to market, and reach new buyer personas. Registering for a seller account isn’t difficult. In order to set up an Amazon account, you need to choose a seller category that best fits your product offering. Furthermore, you will be required to provide detailed information about your business, products and, most importantly, understand Amazon seller policies.
Here are some tips for setting up your Amazon Seller account.
Creating an Amazon account
- Choose a seller category: Amazon offers two seller categories when creating an account, Individual or Professional. The pricing differs between the categories; the Individual plan is free and the Professional plan is $40 per month. Learn more about the different plans here.
- Setup your Amazon seller profile: When you’re setting up your seller profile, you will need to include your business or product name, your logo, and a clear refund or return policy. This information is essential to help increase consumer confidence, which will eventually help you generate more sales.
- List your products – Listing your products can vary due to the seller account you choose. Individual sellers can list products one at a time, where professional accounts can list products in large batches. Whatever the case might be, you want to be sure to update any product listings as they change.
- Manage your inventory: Properly managing your inventory is important to the success of your Amazon store. You need to ensure that you always have products in stock, and set up notifications to alert you when you are running low on a particular product(s).
- Fulfill your product: Amazon offers two options to fulfill your products–Fulfillment by Merchant (FBM) or Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA). Learn more about these different options.
In the Seller Central portal, Amazon offers an Account Health Dashboard that helps you monitor your business’s performance. This tool will help breakdown customer service, product compliance, sales, and shipping performance. It will also provide data and insights on order cancellations, product defects, late shipments, order tracking rates and more.
Your performance and set-up are monitored by Amazon to ensure that your eCommerce store complies with their policies. Amazon’s feedback will give you the opportunity to improve your performance and fix issues, helping you sell more effectively. In some cases, if your business is not in compliance with company policies, Amazon has the right to deactivate your account.
Creating an Amazon Seller account can be very quick and easy. For successful Amazon sales, you want to make sure you follow Amazon’s policies and standards. This will help your eCommerce store run seamlessly without any issues.